Our objectives are:
- to advance education and training in the practice of psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- to encourage general understanding of the principles of psychoanalytic treatment for emotional and psychological disturbance in children and adults
- to promote research in the field of psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- to disseminate the useful results of such research for the public benefit, and thus
- to promote and ensure the preservation and protection of good health
- to increase psychoanalytic thinking and therapy in Yorkshire through events and offer bursaries
To do this we aim to raise money so as to be able to offer financial support for training and research. We also intend to collaborate with groups and organisations who have similar educational interests and concerns, to promote the understanding of the general public by holding teaching events, lectures and conferences. And we intend to form links and partnerships with individuals and organisations working for people who are disadvantaged or demoralised through traumas and through economic or social deprivations.